PUMPKIN & SUNFLOWER SEED CRACKERS
Nutty, salty, insanely good pumpkin & sunflower seed crackers. I’m going to just come out and say it, these are the BEST crackers!! The ingredient list is something you can be proud of and wow they are easy to make! You will never need to buy another box of crackers again! I’m just saying when food tastes this good, why not make it homemade?
The star of these crackers are the pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds. Their nutty flavor is really what makes these crackers stand out and why I say they’re the best.
These pumpkin & sunflower seed crackers are super easy to customize to accommodate any toppings. I love mixing savory and sweet, and these savory, salty crackers were perfect with apples and goat cheese brie. They would also be amazing with spinach artichoke dip or maybe replace a tablespoon of water with soy sauce and serve them with edamame hummus! The possibilities are endless and that’s exactly what I’m looking for in a good cracker recipe!
You will want to use parchment paper and nonstick spray. Make sure you use wet hands when working with the dough, this will keep the dough from sticking to your fingers and thus easier to manipulate.
Pumpkin Sunflower Seed Crackers
Crunchy, salty homemade pumpkin sunflower seed crackers. Regular boring crackers move over, these crunchy crackers are the new go-to party food, and they are gluten-free, vegan and packed with heart-healthy omega 3 & 6!
• 3 tbs. raw pumpkin seeds
• 3 tbs. sunflower seeds
• 2 tbs. ground flax seeds or all chia for paleo option
• 1 tbs. chia seeds
• 3 tbs. almond meal
• 9 tbs. warm water
• 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
• 1 tsp. poppy seeds
• 1/4 – 1/2 tsp salt
• freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet and spray with nonstick spray (coconut oil).
3. In a large bowl, add the ingredients in order and allow to sit for at least 5 minutes before transferring to parchment paper.
4. Spread the batter out on the parchment paper and using wet hands, flatten to an even consistency. Be careful to smooth out the ends. You want these to be rustic looking but not sloppy!
5. Bake for 20 minutes at 350. Take out of the oven and carefully flip over the huge cracker. Bake another 6-7 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and cut with a pizza cutter or large knife. Allow cooling completely before tasting.
Buy uality raw pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds in n2h.in