Quinoa, Chia Seeds and Flaxseeds Protein Bars
These homemade quinoa protein bars will leave the whole family smiling. In a large mixing bowl, combine quinoa, chia seeds, flax seed, rolled oats, cinnamon, salt, cardamom and chopped raw almonds. Stir to combine. In a small, microwave-safe dish, combine raw almond butter, organic brown rice syrup and honey.
1/2 cup Natural Life Tricolor Quinoa
1/2 cup Natural Life Chia seeds
2 Tbsp. Natural Life Brown Flax seeds
1 cup oats
1/4 tsp. Natural Life Salt
1 tsp. Natural Life Cinnamon
1/2 cup raw almonds; coarsely chopped
3 Tbsp. honey
1/2 cup almond butter or vegetable butter (Normal Butter)
Preheat oven to 175 °C.
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine Natural Life tricolor quinoa, Natural Life chia seeds, Natural Life brown flax seed, Natural Life Ceylon cinnamon, Natural Life pink Himalayan salt, together with the oats and the chopped raw almonds. Stir to combine.
2. In a small, microwave-safe dish, combine the almond butter or vegetable butter and the honey. Stir to mix, then microwave for 1 minute to soften.
Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir with a plastic spatula to thoroughly mix. When the wet ingredients begin to firm up, use clean hands to knead the mixture together.
3. When finished, cover the base of a baking dish (20 x 20 cm – glass Pyrex dish type) with baking paper. Transfer the mixture and pat down carefully with a plastic spatula to make a single, even layer.
Bake for 15 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
5. Then remove the bars from the dish by lifting up the sides of the baking paper. Place bars on a wire rack to finish cooling.
6. Cut finished bars with a sharp, non-serrated knife or pizza cutter horizontally and vertically to create 8 bars total.
7. Wrap each of the cooled bars in plastic wrap (cling film type) and store in the refrigerator until ready to eat.